The Police Roll of Honour Trust currently uses Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ to raise awareness of our work. We invite and encourage the public to like, follow and provide feedback via our social networking sites.
It should be noted that we do not currently reciprocate 'Likes' on Facebook. We endeavour to reciprocate 'Follows' on Twitter. Reciprocating 'Follows' is done purely in the 'spirit' of Twitter and widely acknowledged 'netiquette'. We do not follow back commercial organisations. The only exception to this rule is media organisations or users who have provided assistance to the Trust.
We reserve the right to remove any comments or contributions and block accounts that break the rules of the following guidelines :
- We ask you not to post messages that are deemed to be any of the following: prejudicial to court proceedings, abusive, defamatory, harassing, harmful, libellous, obscene, profaneracially offensive, sexually offensive, unlawful
- We ask that you do not swear.
- We ask that comments be civil, tasteful and relevant.
- We ask that you do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright.
- We ask that you do not post the same or similar messages more than once. We will view this as spam.
- We ask that you do not publicise your own, or anyone else's, personal information, such as address and telephone number.
- We ask that you do not advertise your own or other products or services.
- We ask that you do not pretend to be someone else.
We will remove comments that do not confirm to our published guidelines. Common examples are the use of profanity, comments that could be perceived as intimidating or harassing or offensive. However, we have no control over users who post on our social media channels and decide to self-moderate or delete comments/posts. This practice becomes more apparent on our Facebook Wall where users who initiate a thread of comments can delete not only their own initial comment but the subsequent comments as well.
No comments represent the views or official stance of the Trust unless this is explicitly stated. We ask that should anyone want to quote from our social media pages that they contact the Trust; click here to contact us.
If you would like a to download this policy; click here.